Oct 13, 2012

3-d Birthday Box

It's been a few weeks since I've had a chance to sit and get crafty. Lucky for me, it's been for good reason. My husband, children, and I recently decided to have an impromptu get-away in celebration of my 20 year anniversary. Hard to believe it when it seems like just yesterday we said "I do". Anyway, that and getting back to our homeschooling year has left me with little to no time to sit and play.

I have a few special birthdays coming up next week and wanted to try my hand at creating some of the 3-d boxes that are available on the new Cricut Artiste Cartridge. Here is the first one I came up with:


 I filled it with a little bag of chocolates that I re-packaged from a bigger box.


 
I used my Artiste Cartridge along with Cricut Craft-room so that I could enlarge this pattern as big as  possible. I also added in the cut out window to show the chocolate inside.  The roses and leaves I added as additional decoration using the same cartridge. The paper packet I used for this is called Flirty. I didn't want to use my patterned paper from the packet until I had a chance to do a sort-of trial run so I used the solid paper from this packet and then added the patterned paper to pretty it up. I really like the way it came out and plan to make several more as little gifts to have on hand.
 
I must share my inspiration came from a fellow CTMH consultant. Here is the link to her blog:
I found the picture on Pinterest and decided to start playing based on hers. Hopefully I am able to inspire some of you to get out your Cricut and create something Lovely as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!