Jul 22, 2012

Summer Scrapbooking Layout(s)

Guess what the challenge is this week over at  Heart to Heart Challenges? Water Fun!! Just the challenge I needed to help get me ready for an upcoming scrapping night I'm hosting this week.

It's not an official class, but rather just a few close friends coming over to join me in doing some scrapbooking. One friend offered to bring dessert. Doesn't get much sweeter than that.

 Anyway, I decided to go ahead and get an early start so that I can be a good hostess and have something a little bit inspiring to get them started. Here is the layout I created tonight:

Footloose Summer Layout


I really love how it came out. I used a packet of paper from Close to my Heart called Footloose. This paper did not excite me when I first saw it. However, I began to see some really cute scrapbooking layouts being shared on Pinterest and on some consultant blogs. It began to grow on me. So glad I decided to get some to use for this summer's pictures. I also used a few of the coordinating dimensional elements. LOVE IT!!!  

I am in the process of doing a few more summer layouts while I am on a roll with this paper packet. Here is another one for you:

Another Footloose Creation

Can you spot my boo-boo? I erroneously stamped the date incorrectly. As I marveled at how I managed to do that, I then spotted a photo I almost added that was from 2012 instead of 2011. Thankfully it was fixable. I love looking back at how much my children have grown even over just a one year period of time. I added a few cutouts from a Cricut Cartridge I had on hand called Life is a Beach. Next to my Close to my Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge, I think this one is my second favorite cartridge that I own. Lots of fun summer goodies are on it. Perfect for doing beach layouts like this one.


If you are interested in learning how to scrapbook your memories, please contact me. I can teach you how to preserve your memories and celebrate your relationships through scrapbooking!

If you are already a scrapper but need a little inspiration now and then, be sure to check out H2H Challenges to see creative ways to use your favorite Close to my Heart products.

Let me know what you think of my creations by leaving me a comment. They really make my day.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute layout!! I really like the pink added with the paper pack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crafty Texan for both your visit and your comment. I thought the pink really popped out and coordinated with the outfit my baby was wearing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two layouts! Awesome! and they both look great. Love all the fun embellishments. I think beach layouts are my favorite. Thank you for playing along at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how a paper pack doesn't really hit us until we dig in and start working with it. You've done a wonderful job with Footloose! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dania and Marg, thank you for visiting and your compliments.Yes, I always love paper better more when it's filled with sentiments and memories that are "Close to my Heart".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your layout. I love it! Thanks for joining us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!