Jan 31, 2014

New Catalog Time

I can hardly wait for tomorrow. That is the day that Close to my Heart officially launches our new Spring/Summer Catalog. I've been having so much fun playing with the pretty papers, and now so can you. Today I played with the paper packet called Ariana. My goal with this card was to prep a Valentine that I could give to my boys. I love when a paper packet that seems so feminine (this packet has a lovely large floral as well as a pink small floral pattern in it), also contains paper that can be used for a masculine card. I created this card using the weekly Mojo Monday Sketch to launch my creative juices. Here is the great sketch for this week:
 
Here is what I came up with for one of my precious boys:
 
 
 
Just a pop of pink, but a whole lot of Love!!! Tomorrow I will be able to come back to this post and link the new paper packet and catalog for you to enjoy!!
 
 
 

 
 
You can't tell by the picture, but one of the things I loved about this sketch is that it isn't your standard 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 size. While it will still fit in that envelope, it is cut down just a little bit smaller, this mixing it up just a little bit. I don't know about you, but little things like that give me just enough challenge to keep it fun!! Wishing you some time to get crafty and create a few Love-ly creations for your loved ones this Valentines Day.
 
 
*update* It's live now. Here is a picture featuring more of this gorgeous paper packet Ariana:
 
 
Products used :Stamp set~universal backgrounds on the middle gray piece (retiring Jan 31, 2014), Whoo's Your Valentine for the I heart you sentiment and the chevron pattern across the heart (retired constant campaign set), Holiday Tags (round circle and sentiment), Slate cardstock for the center piece, light green and patterned papers are from the Ariana paper packet , inks used are Outdoor Denim, Grey Wool, Black, and Tulip (retired).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!