Jul 4, 2012

Ahhh,..... Summer

Well, it's that time of year that I look forward to most,.... Summer. The mountain is all green from a winter full of snow and the temperatures are in the 70's. Homeschooling is pared to just a subject or two and we have this expanse of time to relax a little bit.  You know what I am looking forward to? Yes, you guessed it, making more cute cards and catching up on scrapbooking.  If that is one of the things you look forward to as well, I hope I can share a bit of what I am doing to keep you motivated and moving forward in achieving those goals.

Just wanted to share a few of the cute cards I have made over the busy month of June:


This great card was made using the Paper Packet Typeset. It will be retiring soon, so if you like it, be sure to get your order in to me by the end of July. I also used the coordinating Typeset Complements Canvas Shapes. This paper also makes really cute birthday cards or just general Guy cards with the dark and neutral colors. 

Here are the Father's Day Cards that I came up with this year:


To create these cards, I used my Victory  Workshop on the Go kit. These kits contain not only a full packet of paper, but also an exclusive stamp set that you can't purchase out side of the kit, as well as coordinating embellishments (in this case the Durable Square Studs and Natural Hemp).  I also played with my White Daisy Pigment Based Ink to create the cool background paper on the one shown on the top right corner. To create the two matching cards, I used my Cricut and Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out the banner shaped card, cut the paper to match the shape, and to create the star and the #1.  I changed out the cartridge to write the word Dad, but I could have used the Art Philosophy Cartridge to do it as well. The letters would just not have been welded together (unless I used the Cricut Craftroom which I did not want to hook up at the time).


There are a few pregnant Momma's at my church right now so I had several baby boy cards that needed to be made in June. Here is the latest one I made:


This cards was created with some retired products. I used Wonderland Paper (which you just  might get this month as a special part of the Constant Campaign for July). I love the way it turned out. I used my Cricut and Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out the decorative squares and circles on the top portion of this card. Easy Peasy!!

Hope you get some time to play too!
\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!